These are foundation courses where you will learn to dive in confined water under the supervision of a certified DIVE MASTER, Assistant Instructor or Instructor. They are your gateway to SSI certification, covering modules 1, 2 and 3, and including dives 1 and 2 of the SSI Open Water Diving course.
Once you are a certified SSI SCUBA DIVER or SSI JUNIOR SCUBA DIVER you can continue and complete
the remainder of the SSI OPEN WATER / JUNIOR OPEN WATER DIVER course. You can do this at any SSI Dive Centre. We recommend that you do this within a reasonable time after your course, as the
examination for the remainder of the SSI OPEN WATER DIVER certification covers the entire manual.
Other things you need to know:
• BEFORE you can begin the course, you must complete a SSI medical statement indicating you are
in good health to dive. We recommend that you consult your own personal physician before diving and receive signed, written confirmation that you are in good health to dive. This should be kept
in your logbook.
• With SSI SCUBA DIVER or SSI JUNIOR SCUBA DIVER certification you can dive anywhere in the world.
• Certification is valid for the rest of your life, though if you do not dive regularly you will be asked to do a check dive and /or possibly a scuba review.
• You must dive under the supervision of a certified DIVE MASTER, assistant instructor or instructor.
• SSI SCUBA DIVER and SSI JUNIOR SCUBA DIVER certification DO NOT ALLOW you to rent equipment and dive with any certified dive buddy independent of supervision.
Age for SSI SCUBA DIVER: minimum 15 years old
Age for SSI JUNIOR SCUBA DIVER: minimum 10 years old [at instructor discretion]
Maximum depth: 12m